Friday, April 15, 2011

If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.

A wise man once told a wise man, who told another wise man, who told me what I have just stated in the title. There is a choice that I've made recently to go fast, which means that I'm going alone. At my stage in life, I think it's actually quite beneficial for me to do so. I've always been somewhat of an introvert, and I think that my 3 months of traveling Asia would be best if I went alone.


I haven't really come up with a reason for this trip. There's the usual, "I'm going to open my eyes and see what the world outside of my own has to offer", but I'm not quite sure if that's my reason. It certainly wasn't it when I bought my tickets. I'm coming up with different things to do as I prepare for my trip, including trying to be productive and asking economically related questions. I want to visit different government central banks and see what they're up to. I've even come up with an idea of trying to measure the overall utility of the different countries I'd be visiting. Although the procedure and materials to get that going is unknown to me, I think that might be a good idea. It'd certainly be interesting to find out the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment